About the Stingray Point Lighthouse
Stingray Point Marina is home to the Stingray Point Lighthouse, an exact full-scale replica of the original Stingray Point screwpile lighthouse built in 1853 that stood watch over the shoal at Stingray Point, which separates the Rappahannock and Piankatank Rivers. The light remained in service until 1965, when the house was removed and a skeleton tower erected on the old foundation.
Deltaville, in its earlier history, was the work-boat building capital of the Chesapeake Bay. Vestiges of this history are prevalent and it remains the center of sailing, fishing and seafood activities in the middle Chesapeake.